[PD] *.lua => *.pd_lua or *.l_lua?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Feb 13 09:06:22 CET 2008

Hallo,
> I am not arguing this for some arcane reason.  All of the new Pd
> binary extensions (.pd_imac, .l_i386, .m_i386, etc.) that have been
> added have ended up causing me a lot of extra work in Pd-extended
> with no real benefit that I could see.  Even the
> standard .pd_darwin/.pd_linux has created extra work.

This reason doesn't apply here: There still would be only one file
ending for pdlua files (two with luax), so nothing at all would
change for pd-extended or any installer besides switching "install
*.lua" to "install *.pdlua" or similar where necessary.

If a pdlua class uses sperate modules, it would needed to be handled
individually anway much like any other external, that needs some kind
of supplementary material (like fonts or textures for Gem).

Ciao