[PD] is this a bug?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Feb 19 10:40:54 CET 2008

Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
> object on the left is saved as \\\$1-foo3 with four slashes!!!

i love that one.

> If this is by design, I really don't understand it.

i thikn the problem might be related to a generally different handling
of DOLLARG  (e.g. "$1") vs DOLLSYM ("$1-bla").
apart from that, i never understood the reason for "escaping" the $
(that is: putting a backslash before it); i think it was originally
meant to help the parser distinguis between real dollarg/dollsyms and
spurious dollars. (e.g. "bla$blu")

i would suggest to remove all backslashes where they are not necessary
(currently: everywhere)

fgma.sdr
IOhannes