[PD] Ultrasonic sensors & PD

raul diaz raul.lete at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 15:49:29 CET 2008

Hi list!

I'm working on a project with ultrasonic sensors SRF05 (
http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/srf05tech.htm) and Pd to process
audio.
Because of the very short time the sensor needs to work (tens of
microseconds), I have discarded to use Pduino (and programing the sensor
with Pd) and I have programed the sensor with Arduino and sended data to Pd
with MIDI protocol.
Anyway I'm curious about the different solutions that could be for this
implementation. Would be possible to use the arduino object in Pd to receive
value from Arduino (with USB and without using Pduino) instead of use MIDI
protocol? Or even with comport object?
Any suggestion would be welcome!

Saludos!

--