[PD] [GEM] UV map for model or vertex-array ??

olme ol at ogeem.be
Thu Feb 28 21:58:02 CET 2008

Looking further into the Gem sources, I see that the model_loader.cpp is
parsing the obj file for texture coordinate (vt lines), but it seems
that the model.cpp do not make a call to these data, and only permit
linear or spherical mapping that it recompute... as if uv mapping was
not "needed" for the coders and left for future work...

I think it could only be a matter of a few hours to add the support for
uv mapping, which is "very" useful when doing 3d scenery ... I'm ready
to "support" the good soul that would do the job (as it could be usefull
for me in future  projects), and I'm sure that other will like this too.

I'm not a c++ coder, and I can barely look into code for errors and
feature...can anybody help ?
Iohannes ? you seems to be one of the maintainers, can you tell me if it
could be done ?(maybe I'm wrong and this is realy hard work ... or
already working with some trick ? )

Solving this would permit me to work on more than one project I'm
waiting to finish, and I'm sure it would be realy usefull in more than
one domain...

thanks,

Olm-e

www.ogeem.be