[PD] OSCx compilation

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 23:44:44 CET 2008

Hello,

I've searched the archives about this issue and am still stuck.  My
apologies if this is very simple:

I'm trying to compile the OSCx externals, following the instructions in the
readme file.  I compiled libOSC first, then did a cd back to the OSC
directory and did

$make pd_darwin OSC

Building starts, but fails with the following output:

cc -DPD -DUNIX -DMACOSX -O2 -Wall -W -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -I../../../pd/src -I../../obj -c
*.c
OSC.c:40: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
OSC.c:41: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
OSC.c:42: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
OSC.c:43: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
sendOSC.c: In function 'sendOSC_sendtyped':
sendOSC.c:300: warning: ordered comparison of pointer with integer zero
sendOSC.c: In function 'ParseTimeTag':
sendOSC.c:570: warning: format '%llx' expects type 'long long unsigned int
*', but argument 3 has type 'struct OSCTimeTag *'
sendOSC.c: In function 'CommandLineMode':
sendOSC.c:410: warning: 'numArgs' may be used uninitialized in this function
cc -bundle -undefined suppress -flat_namespace -o OSC.pd_darwin OSC.o
htmsocket.o OSC-pattern-match.o sendOSC.o dumpOSC.o routeOSC.o -lm -lc
../libOSC/libOSC.a
rm -f OSC.o ../OSC.pd_darwin
ln -s OSC/OSC.pd_darwin ..
cc     OSC.c   -o OSC
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
_OSCroute_setup
_class_addmethod
_class_new
_dumpOSC_setup
_gensym
_pd_new
_post
_sendOSC_setup
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [OSC] Error 1

I'm on an Intel MacBook Pro with os 10.4.11.  I do have Fink installed...if
that's relevant.  I've also made all the Pd source headers available for
this compilation process.  Can anyone show me where I'm going wrong here?
Also, I'm wondering if the source files I have are indeed the most recent
available.  The externals package from sourceforge is dated March 2003 - is
this correct?  Are there newer objects for sending OSC?

Thanks for the help,
William

--
William Brent

"Great minds flock together"
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com