[PD] understanding vline~

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 08:16:18 CET 2008

yea, there is no explanation of the syntax.
the first number is the value that you want to go to.
the second value is the duration it takes to go to that value and the
third nmber is the time when to start with the action.

99 1000 5000 means go to 99 in 1000ms but wait for 5000 ms before you start.
the problem is, if you send another message
0 500 1000 before the 5 seconds of the first message passed then it
overwrites the first message and goes to 0 after 1 second. (and if you
were at 0 nothing happens.)

the message in the help patch should go to 1 over a duration of one
second, then jump to zero after one second and then ramp up again
starting after 1 second (counting from the time when you clicked).

marius.