[PD] vowel recognition

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Mar 11 09:19:08 CET 2008

moin Marius, moin list,

sorry, haven't tried it yet -- i'm more interested in getting funny
noises out of pd than into it ;-)  Maybe Andy Farnell has done something
along these lines?

Speculating wildly (e.g. without any experience in vowel detection), I
think [fiddle~] probably won't work on its own: it's designed to detect
the fundamental frequency (f0), whereas vowels will differ primarily in
the formants: maybe an fft approach would work?  or perhaps you could
have several instances of [fiddle~], tweaking the parameters such that
each detects a single formant?  ... just wild speculation ...

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2008-03-11 00:35:42, marius schebella <marius.schebella at gmail.com>
appears to have written:

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology