[PD] [almost OT] need suggestions for an implementation

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Mar 12 14:42:44 CET 2008

Hallo,
matteo sisti sette hat gesagt: // matteo sisti sette wrote:

> When you add a message to a [qlist] or [textfile], it will always be
> appended to the end of the queue.
>
> In the object that I need to implement, I need to be able, at any
> time, to schedule (i.e. add to the queue) a message whose time (the
> time at which it will be output)  may be "earlier" than the time of
> messages already present in the queue.

You could do that with the "textfile" and "pipe" solution as well. The
order of lines in textfile doesn't matter, if you pipe them to "pipe".
If the pipe is already running, you may need to keep track of the time
that has passed since then and adjust your start time accordingly. The
only problem is that you need to initialize your "pipe" with arguments
specifying the contents of your event messages. And I don't know if the
number of messages you can store in a "pipe" is limited or big enough
for you.

Ciao
--
Frank