[PD] conflict between PD and tascam us-122

Hans Roels hans.roels at versateladsl.be
Mon Mar 17 09:52:51 CET 2008

Hello,
I had a problem with the Tascam us-122L and I solved it by changing
the blocksize and the latency. I wrote this in the startup settings:
-audiobuf 20 -blocksize 256

I am using several of these cards in a school and they work more or
less (with apple os 10.3.9) but I have to start the computer without
the audio card attached ! (and even then the midi in sometimes
suddenly stops). PD and Audacity work well but using the tascam as
the standard audio card (for example to play a cd on these computers)
never works...

Hans r