[PD] Google SoC: call for mentors and project ideas

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Mar 21 05:18:43 CET 2008

This is exactly what the tkdnd stuff does.  The code is included in
Pd to use tkdnd, but tkdnd is not included.  So if tkdnd is included,
then it'll work.

.hc

On Mar 20, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Daniel Wilcox wrote:

> Well, I'm not on OSX, I'm on Ubuntu and I cannot drag a .pd file
> from the Nautilus file browser in Gnome
> onto any pd window.  I do not really know what is at fault, but as
> I do this for numerous other applications
> and file types, I assume its some missing functionality in the pd
> gui.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> On 20/03/2008, at 18.52, Daniel Wilcox wrote:
>
> > I'd like to see drag and drop of pd patches from an OS file browser
> > onto pd to open them.
>
> I'm sure you'r concerned with a specific or any OS not just an OS,
> since it works on Mac OS X. Maybe it's work for the "desktop manager"
> not the OS? - Just thoughts.
>
> --
> Dan Wilcox
> danomatika
> www.robotcowboy.com

----

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne