[PD] GEM- simple img texturing into a circle

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 01:53:35 CET 2008

Hello all, I am trying to do something which should be fairly easy: I am
trying to see a circle that let's through an image that is behind it. (As if
through a telescope...) So my attempt so far consists of texturing this
image into a circle and compensate changes in translation and size of the
circle with the pix_coordinate object. I have managed to do this with
rectangles and triangles, but can't a find a way around circles. The main
idea is the next:

pix_image|
pix_texture   coordinate-mess
|                   /
pix_coordinate

rotateXYZ

translateXYZ

circle

The coordinate message has this behaviour:
-the 1st two floats don't have any effect.
-the 3rd one compresses/expands left-right,
-the 4th one compresses/expands up-down,
-the 5th doesn't do anything,
-the 6th one seems to offest the vertical compression/expanssion
-any succesive floats have no effect.

So my problem is that without any horixontal offest i can't compensate for
size/transaltion values. If i had that i think i could do some math to do
this....

Anyone has any suggestions? Is this the wrong approach??

I am attaching the patch if anyone want's to test this and I am also
attaching an example of how i am compensating this for a polygon 3

best,

Jaime E Oliver LR

joliverl at ucsd.edu
www.realidadvisual.org/jaimeoliver