[PD] declare

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:52:19 CEST 2008

hi folks,

still not roger with declare.
first, I realized, that the helpfile for declare only exists in pd 0.41.
but even with that help, I think declare is broken (at least on osx.) I
tested it on 0.40.3 (extended) and on 0.41-2 (vanilla).

is [import] really the same as [declare -lib]? (broken too, see bugreport)
and [classpath] also does not really add anything. is it really the same
as [declare -stdpath]?
are both objects (import and classpath) also always loaded/and saved
first as declare? [[btw. can't we use that method to have all delread~
saved and loaded at the beginning of a patch?]]

a bang message into
[import moocow] gives
print: symbol
..//Applications/Pd-0.40.3-extended-20080222.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../extra/moocow
which has some strange characters in the beginning of the string. maybe
that is the problem?

I also wonder how the word "library" is defined in this context. is
"flatspace" for example a library? [declare -lib flatspace] would this
"load" all external object classes in that folder? or is there a
flatspace meta lib file?

I also don't understand why many objects (import itself for example) are
in different locations at the same time... but that is another question.

best, thanks for reading,
marius.