[PD] Best PD+OS/Hardware combinations for low audio latency?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Tue Apr 1 10:18:42 CEST 2008

> So far, in Windows: I tried setting the priority to Realtime in the Task
> Manager and setting the buffer size to "smaller" in the Control Panel
> settings for the Edirol soundcard, but could only get the "delay" in
> PD's audio settings down to 40 ms. Anything below that destroys the
> sound (in a bad way).

that is a known issue ... pd is using pablio on osx and windo$, which is
unable to achieve decent latencies ... the devel_ branch contained a
workaround for that, not sure about the recent vanilla release ...

> I'll try the linux suggestions next...

good idea, the pd's audio driver access on linux is not as broken as on
other platforms ...

tim at klingt.org

Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively
  William S. Burroughs