[PD] "dsp..." messages into inlets (!!!)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Apr 1 18:44:02 CEST 2008

matteo sisti sette wrote:

> It seems like the inlet itself "catches" it...
>
> I don't know what [inlet] is supposed to do with messages starting with "dsp".
> I thought it may perhaps switch~ off the subpatch, but it doesn't.
>
> Is this a bug or a feature?
> Is it documented somewhere?

i don't know whether it is a bug or a feature.
it is not documented afaik.

what i do know is: "dsp" is a special message used to turn turn on the
audio-processing of a dsp-object.
all dsp-objects (aka tilde-objects) have a method for the special
keyword "dsp".

implementation-wise, [inlet] is a "sub-class" of [inlet~], therefore it
also has a method for "dsp".

now for the fun-part:

[dsp 1(

[sig~]