[PD] IP camera and pidip

Ctrl Alt Back ctrlaltback at whitelabel.name
Thu Apr 10 11:28:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 09:15:12PM +0200, t'es in t'es bat wrote:
> Hello,
> I work for an installation with six usb webcam, i use pdp_canvas,
> it work fine.
> But in ubuntu i meet some pb for the opening of the different webcam.
> I  work with different kind of webcam and it seemly work but i need to plug
> cam step by step.
> Often it crash pd. Maybe someone can help me for choosing the webcam.
> BETTER i want to use ip cam and i find some model for linux with mjpeg or
> jpeg motion compression.
> Can you give me some feedback on that kind of stuff
> i need also advice to get the video into pd

I have Axis IP cam which produces mjpeg, from my pc i grab the wideo
with wget into fifo, encoding it and cutting in parts with ffmpeg.
Using parts of the video in pd. It works.
problem comes when you need uninterrupted stream.
Emptying buffer crashes installation.
There are IP cams that produce mpeg4, 3gp (Vivotek), mp4, or other
formats, but you would have to receive stream in pd and stream it
from there again i guess.

CtrlAltBack
--
	|||Ctrl + Alt + Back|||