[PD] state of the FAQ

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Apr 16 20:19:45 CEST 2008

Hallo,

as others may be interested to help as well, I cc the list.

Here's the state of things: The old Pd FAQ at
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/ is in need of reworking. It contains
stuff that isn't valid anymore, and new FAQs should be added. It was
discussed on pd-dev to use the Plone-FAQ tool, that also drives the
Gem-FAQ at http://gem.iem.at/documentation/faq

I started to convert the Pd-FAQ to the new system here:
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/faq-new/faq/

This should replace http://puredata.info/docs/faq/ as soon as all old FAQs
are imported. The process of importing has to be done manually.

Editing is not trivial, but pretty self-explanatory once you get the
hang of it. New sections should be added to the base page:
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/faq-new/faq/base_edit

Then with the menu "add faq" you can add an entry and choose one of
the available sections.

That's basically it. It's a perfect activity for a few hours in the
evening, but single FAQs can also be converted in a couple of minutes
during lunch break. ;)

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht