[PD] Gem crash in Ubuntu Gutsy

slimboyfatboyslim at slimboyfatboyslim.org slimboyfatboyslim at slimboyfatboyslim.org
Wed Apr 23 01:16:04 CEST 2008

hi all,

I'm working on PD 0.40 and Gem 0.90 (installed via Synaptic), everything works
fine with PD and pdp but when I create any objects related to Gem GUI (gemwin)
or open a patch with gemwin, it crashes with the output below:

pd -verbose -lib Gem
Pd version 0.40-2
compiled 22:04:28 Dec  7 2006
port 5400
TCL_LIBRARY="/usr/lib/pd/tcl/library"
TK_LIBRARY="/usr/lib/pd/tk/library" "/usr/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui" 5400
Waiting for connection request...
... connected
OSS: requested audio buffer size 8816 limited to 8192
OSS: issuing first ADC 'read' ... ...done.
socket receive error: Connection reset by peer (104)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Same situation if I work as root (except it connects to port 5401)
seems to be some problems with tcl/tk but I've installed the latest from
Synaptic, P.S I'm working on MacBook

Thanks,