[PD] Cyclone in vanilla?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Apr 24 08:24:27 CEST 2008

Hallo,

> It seems the cleanest solution would be to just include the objects
> that Andy has pointed out.  Otherwise, I think adding the whole of
> cyclone will be opening up a big can of worms.

Cyclone has a lot of redundant Max-leftovers in it and some of its
classes already have cleaner solutions in Pd itself (e.g. [list] is
better designed than [zl] because of the automatic conversion to
list-messages etc.) And [z~] is not part of Cyclone, but it's redundant
anyway. The Capitalized Objects like Append or Snapshot~ may be a
problem as well (their help-files may clash on Windows). So I would vote
for including only a selected number of the Cyclone objects and leave
the rest as externals.

Clashes with cxc as Marius mentioned wouldn't bother me at all, cxc is
not a very useful or big library anyways - IMO it should be deprecated
and removed from pd-condensed. ;)

Ciao
--
Frank Barknecht