[PD] pd on multi touch

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 24 16:11:11 CEST 2008

Shouldn't be too hard to get Pd running on an iphone.  Getting the
GUI stuff running on an iPhone is a different story.  That's
dependant on whether Tcl/Tk runs on the iPhone.  Apparently, someone
has done it, I haven't tried it.  Also, someone has stepped up and
said they are going to make Tcl/Tk pure Cocoa on the Mac, so that
would make it trivial to get it on the iPhone.

Buy me an iphone and I'll do it :)

On Apr 24, 2008, at 3:41 AM, Ben Carney wrote:

> Hello there all,
>      Is there any work being done on getting pd to tun on a multi
> ouch device such as the ipod touch or iphone?
> I think this would be an amazing experience, connecting patch
> chords with a fingertip or stylus
> best,
> --
> Ben C.

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White