[PD] pattern extraction/recognition

cristiano listas crislists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 03:19:05 CEST 2008

thanks all for reply,

the best performance I ever heard using musical pattern recognition was by
> the trombone player george lewis
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Lewis_(trombonist)<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Lewis_%28trombonist%29>
> he uses a max patch called voyager. I have no idea how it works, maybe you
> find some documentation online. he worked on it for several years. and it
> was extremely good.
> marius.

thanks a lot, in this
talk about the voyager programming in the FORMULA  language, some
interesting insights, thinking buy the cd

Have begun to look Nick Collins work (bbcut), that looks to be very good
with supercollider.

Looks that legato notes are a problem with fiddle~.  Maybe  a output mix of
fiddle~ and fft~? just guessing.

I think that the length of the pattern to be recognized should be variable,
but following the "common sense" concept of motif: 3 to 10 notes.

The motif is a rythmic/melodic pattern - i will think rythm and melody
separately, but in some moment they will interact i still don't figure out

Aubio semms great, i will try a binary that i found

Looks like i have a lot of work to do.