[PD] Gem crash on Hardy

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Apr 30 09:15:43 CEST 2008

Quoting "B. Bogart" <ben at ekran.org>:

> FYI on all my machines I've seen freezes when rending with NVIDIA
> proprietary drivers.

interesting. i almost exclusively use nvidia hardware and cannot
remember having (consistently appearing) freezes on this hardware.
i am using stock debian though; do you think your problem might be
ubuntu related?

> I've not jumped to hardy yet, will be a couple months when my thesis is
> done.

my girlfriends machine is currently being updated to hardy.
i will try whether Gem works once it is done (though it is an ATI with
proprietary drivers)