[PD] declare - paths - prefPane - trouble

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu May 8 20:47:26 CEST 2008

On May 6, 2008, at 1:19 PM, Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:

>> p.s. could you do me a favour: please restrain from just pressing
>> reply on a random email when you actually want to start a new
>> thread. just hit new mail and type in pd-list at iem.at. thanks.
>
> Sure, sorry......i had no idea it makes a different

A lot of mail programs group threads based on tracking info the
header of each email.  When you hit reply to a message, that is
marked in the header.  So even if you change the Subject: field, many
(most?) mail readers will still group the emails into a thread based
on that header information.

.hc

----