[PD] OSX Intel: status of M-Audio / MOTU multichannel in/out, support?

Damian Stewart damian at frey.co.nz
Wed Jun 4 17:56:48 CEST 2008

Collin Oldham wrote:
> are you looking for a firewire interface? I have a long sad story about
> a m-audio firewire 410, which I will otherwise spare you. I'm now using
> an edirol fa-101, so far happily.

Hi Colin,

well, the situation with me is, i'm doing audio for a friend's school
project, and we need some way of doing multi-channel audio - the proposal
is that she buys the audio interface and i buy it off her at some stage in
the future (when i have some cash).

we're actually looking at an m-audio firewire card, because it's reasonably
cheap and comes recommended. are you saying the M-audio doesn't play nice
with Pd? or does the sadness come from something else?

thanks

damian stewart | +31 6 5902 5782 |  damian at frey.co.nz
frey | live art with machines | http://www.frey.co.nz