[PD] better tabread4~

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Tue Jun 10 17:29:49 CEST 2008

Charles Henry a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:43 AM, cyrille henry
> <cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr> wrote:
>
>> i realized that the 4 points interpolation in tabread4~ (and tabosc4~) are not optimal.
>
> Please describe.  I've analyze the interpolation formula too, and I
> think that it is a true cubic interpolation.  Is the numerical
> accuracy bad?

well, i think the tabread4~ interpolation is a lagrange interpolator (but i'm may be wrong).
at least with tabread4~, the 1st derivative is not continuous, while it should be with a cubic interpolation.

i program a cubic interpolation, and the shape of the waveform is really different.

please compile the object and look at the help patch to see the difference.

i can also send waveforme picture if needed.

cyrille