[PD] [PD-announce] Pd-0.40.3-extended-rc2 released

hard off hard.off at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 15:16:44 CEST 2008

hans, i have found the source of my problem.  sorry for not adding this to
the bug-tracker, as i don't check that, but i do check this mailing list
often.

for some totally weird reason, this version of extended won't let me load
sssad.pd

i added the path to the sssad folder, and that's no problem.

but when i try to create a sssad object,  the following happens:

pd 'thinks' for about 10 seconds, then the console is bombarded with:

libdir_loader: added 'sssad' to the canvas-local objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'sssad' to the canvas-local objectclass path
libdir_loader: added 'sssad' to the canvas-local objectclass path

...about 1000 times, and then finally says:

error: maximum object loading depth 1000 reached
 sssad
... couldn't create

if i change the name of sssad.pd to anything else ( eg.  sssad2.pd ) then it
loads fine as an abstraction.

if i open the sssad.pd patch by itself, then that also works.

but for some reason, i cannot create [sssad] as an abstraction in another
patch.

this is on mac os 10.49 intel