[PD] Trax - Sinusoidal Model Synthesis in Pure Data

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:37:23 CEST 2008

Hi Luigi,

The SMS library is coming around okay.. and I have a prototyped pd external
that synthesizes an sms file in pd, but it doesn't do much else.  I'm still
straightening a few things in the core processing code before I write the
real ones.

I am expecting to post the first set of externals at the end of summer, and
I'll most definitely let this list know when that happens.

By the way, the synthesis is sounding excellent on simple sounds (such as a
horn).. sure beats the phase vocoder approach.  But analysing more complex
sounds (such as a piano note) are going to be tricky at first in real-time.
But I'm sure this will smooth out once the correct parameters are found.

cheers,
Rich