[PD] example of $1 and inlets in abstractions

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 00:55:05 CEST 2008

petoral at optonline.net wrote:
 > i remember,  hardoff has a very nice tutorial example & discussion
 > about using $- dollar sign which is a very good reference.
 > http://puredata.hurleur.com/index.php,  hardoff might have a direct
 > link or just search in the forum.

Thanks, I found it here:

http://puredata.hurleur.com/sujet-1187-abstraction-why-use-etc

With help from that I managed to work out the attached patch (supposed
to play a sample at a give rate, 1 being original speed). Now I face
another problem: freq seems to be 0 :-( I guess it has to do with
$0-file_samples being available after $0-load, so the division on the
left gets 44100/0. I even think this way of doing the division is quite
clumsy. How can I do it correctly?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte