[PD] tips for a slow machine?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jul 3 12:04:04 CEST 2008

I don't know what the audio hardware is capable of on that machine,
but it has plenty of CPU to do a lot of things.   have run Pd on a
133 MHz Windows machine and had 100 ms latency while contrlling about
20 samples in realtime.

.hc

On Jul 3, 2008, at 1:05 AM, potax flan wrote:

> i'm trying to make the eeePC (xandros, 1gb ram) to be the genius
> setup that i envisioned. first, i am aware this is a limited
> machine, but i plan to do basic synthesis on it. nothing too complex.
> i'm hiding as much GUI elements as i can in subpatches, i start pd
> with -rt flag, and i turned the latency up to 200... BUT i'm still
> getting occasional glitches in really basic patches (been trying
> them on my macbook and there's no glitches whatsoever there. it's
> only a couple of oscillators and some filtering).
> so what other things should i tweak to make the thing more stable?
>
> danke

----

Access to computers should be unlimited and total.  - the hacker ethic