[PD] mrpeach osc - pipelist question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jul 6 15:53:37 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Martin Peach hat gesagt: // Martin Peach wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Hallo,
> > Martin Peach hat gesagt: // Martin Peach wrote:
> >
> >> Strange I don't get that using Pd 0.40.3-extended-20080308, just using
> >> the packOSC-help and routeOSC-help patches. I think maybe different
> >> versions of pd differ in their use of the 'list' selector.
> >
> > That would be a desaster.
> >
> > I checked pipelist.c, and it doesn't have a method for "anythings", so
> > it cannot handle meta-mnessages.
> >

> True, but [pipelist] has a list method and [routeOSC] outputs lists,

The help-patch for routeOSC has a [unpackOSC] before the [pipelist],
and [unpackOSC] sends meta-messages without "list" selector. There is
some commented code which uses "outlet_list", though, but active is
"outlet_anything".

But anyway routeOSC also outputs meta-messages unless you have
messages starting with a number (which are autoconverted to lists by
Pd). At least in attached example my version of routeOSC (current
svn-trunk) routes to the the left outlet of [route a]. list-messages
would go to the right outlet, as the example on the right shows.

Ciao