[PD] mrpeach osc - pipelist question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jul 8 21:07:21 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> However I can't think of a solution for dealing with "list list a b c"
> going through [route list] to become "list a b c" then through [list
> prepend list] to become "list list a b c" and not "list list list a b c",
> in which case it will end up being trimmed to "list a b c" instead of
> "list list a b c". But I know I can't just tell you to use [route2]
> instead of [route] for this case.

Which reminds me to remind people, that most of the [list]-abs
abstractions fail horribly if one of the reserved selectors is part of
a list, because many of the abstractions internally serialize the list
and later repack it.  For example a list "list 1 2 bang 3", when
serialized will give:

 1
 2
 bang
 3

but I don't know of a smart way to repack this to get "list 1 2 bang
3" again. Same for "list list" lists.

Ciao