[PD] vline~, vsnapshot~, etc.

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 9 09:00:51 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Matt Barber hat gesagt: // Matt Barber wrote:

> What does the "v" in [vline~], [vsnapshot~], etc. mean?  Is it also
> the same in the "vinlet" and "vexpr" object classes?

I don't know vinlet, is this new? vexpr~ is definitely something else.

vline~ and vsnaphot~ are variants of line~ rsp. snapshot~ that work
with so called "clock-delayed messages" to achieve higher timing
accuracy when receiving messages that originate from clocks, i.e. from
[metro], [delay], [pipe], ...

This way you can schedule e.g. an envelope to start in the middle of a
signal "v"ector.

Also see capter "Audio and control computations" in Miller's book
and especially:
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node52.html

Ciao