[PD] compiling pd-extended ubuntu hardy amd64

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jul 9 23:54:06 CEST 2008

On Jul 8, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Sergi Lario wrote:

> I get some errors trying to compile pd-extended in a ubuntu hardy
> amd64.
>
> I did this steps:
>
> 1.- Get pd-extended trunk code via svn
>
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended$ svn co https://pure-
> data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/ ./
>
> 2.- Get Gem code from
>
> http://gem.iem.at/
>
> and copy the content
>
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended$ cp /home/sll/Escriptori/
> gem-0.91.1.tar.gz ./
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended$ tar xzvf gem-0.91.1.tar.gz
>
> 3.- Rename floder to Gem
>
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended$ mv gem-0.91.1 Gem
>
> 4.- Compile pd-extended
>
> sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended/packages/linux_make$ sudo make install
>
> While I was getting errors I modifyed some code and install libs
> like this:
>
> A. add -fPIC to c-flags in gem2pdp
> B. install libswscale-dev
> C add -fPIC to miXed for cyclone - sll at sll-cube:/home/pd-extended/
> externals/miXed$ vim Makefile.common
>
> After each point I tried to compile another time with make install
>
> At the moment I get this errors and I don't know how follow with it.
>
> /home/pd-extended/externals/iem/hdspm_mixer/hdspmmixer.c:99: avís:
> unused parameter 'x'
> install: ha fallat stat() sobre «/home/pd-extended/externals/moocow/
> extended/build.moo/ext*/*.pd»: No such file or directory
> install: ha fallat stat() sobre «/home/pd-extended/externals/pmpd/
> *.pd_linux»: No such file or directory
> make[2]: [pmpd_install] Error 1 (ignored)
> install: ha fallat stat() sobre «/home/pd-extended/externals/pidip/
> *.pd_linux»: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [pidip_install] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [externals_install] Error 2
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> (* avís = warning  ,  ha fallat = has failed)
>
> If somebody knows anything about it, please let me know.

The "No such file or directory" errors probably mean that those
objects failed to build, for whatever reason.  I would start with
just "make".  Then you'll see the build errors more easily.  If
"make" works, then try "make install".

Also, you really shouldn't be building using "sudo" or as root.  It
could easily go crazy and mess your system up.

As for the other changes, it would be good to submit patches of those
changes so that they can be included in the various library.  I
wouldn't commit them directly, unless you have already talked to the
developer whose files they are.

.hc

> Thanks,
>
> Sergi.

----

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra