[PD] using alternative preference files

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 21:34:12 CEST 2008

hi,
I am planning to ship a striped down standalone pd versions that will
provide a one click option to start a patch+interface. This will allow
to run patches like applications without depending on any user
preferences. Everything comes out of the box. It turns out that this is
much easier on windows than on osx. (sorry, no tests on linux yet). One
thing I don't know right now is where I find the settings which plist pd
will use. I know that pd vanilla and pd-extended are using different
plist files, is that defined in pd.tk? I need to provide a preferences
file that has the -nogui option plus a relative path to the patch that
should be started...
hans, do you have some (online) docs, how the pd.apps are created? I
know that the startup process of pd is slightly different than on osx
(wish starting pd), I wonder if I have to change the app if I want to
run a -nogui version?
thanks again for any help.
marius.