[PD] Speed of messages (WII-OSC..etc)

Luigi Rensinghoff luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
Sat Jul 12 14:25:39 CEST 2008

Hi dear List

I have a question regarding my Wiimote-OSC experiments.

The wiimote data gets into PD via OSC, either through OSculator or
through a linuxbox running the wiimote external.

So i have problems computing really really fast movements from the
wiimote and i would like to ask if somebody knows about the speed of
messages, be it in OSC, PD or Osculator

1) What do you think is a reasonable message-rate for fast motion-
data ? I have the impression i need to slow down the data (with
speedlim, pipe or resample) to be able to process it
      properly - any experience with that or recommendations ?

2) What would you consider the bottleneck ?

3) Could it be an advantage to transform incoming OSC-messages into a
signal ? instead of dealing with floats ?

The idea behind it is to combine x-y IR Data from the wii with the
accelleration data (Mapping accelleration to velocity, but catch the
note from the IR-Position)

Did anybody find a good solution for that ?

Thanks

Luigi

Luigi Rensinghoff
luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de