[PD] [PD-announce] pdpedia is back!

Ico Doornekamp pd at zevv.nl
Sun Jul 13 20:36:09 CEST 2008

* On 2008-07-11 Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote  :

> On Jul 11, 2008, at 4:05 AM, Ico Doornekamp wrote:
>

>> * On July 11th, Hans-Christoph Steiner Wrote
>>
>>> After a little holiday due to an OS upgrade, pdpedia is back!  Please
>>> let me know if it isn't working for you:
>>
>> Works fine, although the wiki seems to be under the attack of spammers
>> already: a lot of pages have been replaced with links, spam and other
>> gibberish.
>>
>> I know some of the tricks how to avoid this in mediawiki, drop me a
>> private mail if you're interested.
>
> Here's some of wikipedia/mediawiki's advice:
>
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Anti-spam_features

I recommend the ConfirmEdit plugin (which is also listed on the above
page) using only the 'addurl' and 'createaccount' triggers. This
requires the user to fill out a captha when adding new links to a page
or when creating a new account, while editing of regular content is not
affected. On a mediawiki page I administer this plugin was able to keep
out the >200 spam edits which were performed every day.

Ico

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C