[PD] 2 questions for hans about the upcoming 0.40 extended release

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jul 13 20:38:51 CEST 2008

On Jul 13, 2008, at 11:53 AM, hard off wrote:

> sorry, i know i could have just emailed hans directly, but the pd
> list is at the very top of my contacts list :)
>

> question 1)  did you remove [sssad] from pd-extended?  i don't want
> to download a new version just to check, as my current version is
> up and working beautifully.

Yes, since of the libdir issues.  It didn't make sense to include it
if it was unusable.

> question 2)  how long do you think it will be until the final
> release of 0.40 extended?  i have a huge library of [sssad]-based
> abstractions that i would like to add. it's all working very well
> at the moment, and could be added now, but there are a couple more
> things i'd like to finetune if i have time.

I think you should try releasing it as a libdir that people can
install themselves.  Pd-extended on all platforms is setup to use a
global and per-user folder for installing externals:

  GNU/Linux:  /usr/local/lib/pd-externals and ~/pd-externals
  Mac OS X: /Library/Pd and ~/Library/Pd
  Windows: %ProgramFiles%/Common Files/Pd and %UserProfile%/
Application Data/Pd

.hc

----

                                               http://at.or.at/hans/