[PD] [OT] Ubuntu Studio and other media-related distros

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jul 13 21:11:50 CEST 2008

Hallo,
Matt Barber hat gesagt: // Matt Barber wrote:

> I'm sure you've considered fedora/planetccrma?  This is an
> oversimplification/caricature, but I've always felt that ubuntu
> doesn't really trust its users, so sometimes things are much harder to
> configure than otherwise should be (for instance, "using the command
> line" is listed under "advanced topics" in the documentation).  In
> other words, it tends to feel more like a macintosh than a linux
> distro "should," -- or something. =o)

That's just the mindset of the Ubuntu devs. If that's bothersome, one
could also run plain Debian (as I do for many years now).

Every distribution is great. But to me over the years, Debian has
proven to simply be the best general purpose, long time supported
distribution in the world. I'm serious. No wonder, Ubuntu and many
other great distributions put their trust into Debian by choosing it
as their base. Oh, and the best live audio distribution pure:dyne now
is Debian based as well.

Ciao