[PD] how to avoid (most/many/some) readsf~ dropouts

Dr. Greg Wilder gregwilder at orpheusmediaresearch.com
Tue Jul 15 01:37:43 CEST 2008

Damian Stewart wrote:
> Dr. Greg Wilder wrote:
>
>> I've attached the latest version of my "basic" playback (w/fade) patch
>> for suggestions/comments...  Unfortunately, your ascii patch didn't
>> line up, would you mind posting an example patch that shows your method?
>
> first thing i notice when i open it up is this:
>
> on the left hand side, you've got a 'random 50' and a '+ 6', going into
> the delay. this means the minimum delay will be 6ms, which i doubt is
> long enough.
>
> why the random? why not just hardcode 50ms in there? or at least go
> 'random 30' and '+ 40' or something.
>
> hth,

Here's a cleaner version of the example patch -- without the random
delay and a larger readsf~ buffer.  Still no joy -- even with 92.9 ms
latency.  I'm beginning to think my system simply isn't fast enough to
play more than 10 (or so) channels of 24bit/88.2kHz sound at a time...

http://www.orpheusmediaresearch.com/
http://www.gregwilder.com/
+1 215-764-6057 (office)
+1 215-205-2893 (cell)