[PD] frequency components analysis

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 11:26:16 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 02:00 -0700, Julian Villegas wrote:

>  I did,
> in fact I'm using sigmund~ cause somewhere in this list, someone
> (Miller?) said it was better to use it instead of fiddle~. Can anybody
> confirm that sigmund~ is better?

What do you mean 'better'? What is it you are trying to do?

> I have a patch that relies on  realtime pitch and partials extraction,
> and I'd like to compare different objects but I have only found
> sigmund~. Sigmund~ reports peaks by analyzing the FFT of a window, I'd
> like to compare other methods (stft?, wavelets?, ...?)
>
> Any other ideas?

You might want to take a look at the xtract_peak_spectrum() function
provided in LibXtract.

http://www.postlude.co.uk/Software/Libxtract

There are Pd bindings provided, and an example of how to use [xtract~
peak_spectrum] is shown in the help file: [f0] -> [pd guts] -> [pd pda].

Jamie

--
www.postlude.co.uk
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamiebullock