[PD] really annoying question about tildes~

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jul 16 13:09:34 CEST 2008

Roman Haefeli wrote:

>> (and was almost solved in Pd-vanilla - but alas! in the end it was not),
>
> what was the reason for that?

who knows?
anyhow, i don't think it will be fixed upstream within the next years...

> even while using pd-vanilla, i used to compile zexy as single-object
> externals in order to make my patches as troublefree as possible on
> pd-extended.

???
Pd-extended has no problems whatsoever in loading multi-object libraries.
why should compiling zexy as single-object externals make it more
troublefree (the only difference i know of is troubles with
special-characters when using single-object externals)

> i also used to use the hexloader and, iirc, i could
> instantiate [<~] and [>~] without problems (unlike pd-extended, that is
> why i switched back to a multiclass binary). anyway, my point is: it was
> once working here on my box without issues at all, even if i had zexy as
> single-objects externals. what does it need to make it work on
> pd-extended as well?

i don't know
and my interest therein is decreasing.

fgmasdr