[PD] really annoying question about tildes~

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:26:26 CEST 2008

I think we have to face that pd's current features are not able to meet
all needs: namespaces, special characters, fast loading, aliases...
what is missing?
does pd have something like a "registered objects list"? an index, which
is created on pd startup that holds the name and aliases to all objects
that can be created but without loading the objects themselves? maybe a
hybrid somewhere between path information and the loading of a
multi-external library. is this the way how it is done currently?
this list should be dynamically editable and would hold the aliases for
namespaces: counter = iem/counter loading the iem counter as default,
but still enabling the creation of cyclone/counter. also all other
aliases could be included. and it might as well speed up starting of
patches since there is no need to search all directories for every object.
it would extend the functionality of "path" by actually reading out a
small amount of object information which allows for sorting, aliasing...
marius.