[PD] Free rotation in GEM

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Jul 16 18:54:32 CEST 2008

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, B. Bogart wrote:

> If you are just wanting to rotate many times, using huge numbers then
> tricks like: wrap 0 359 work well...

Depends how huge they are. Pick 1000000032. That should give 312 degrees,
supposing you use [wrap 0 360] instead of [wrap 0 359]. But as a pd float,
it gives either 280 or 344 depending on how the rounding happens.

But this [wrap] trick is definitely not something that one can consider
using if one is concerned with gimbal lock, and pspunch said he wants to
avoid gimbal lock, so I don't know why you even mention it, if you want so
much to stick to the "heart of the question".