[PD] saving state of a patch

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Thu Jul 17 23:09:01 CEST 2008

Hi Atte

The best way to start using memento is to get a patch that works, copy
and paste the guts into your own and adapt.  That is, providing that
memento works at all on your system.  There is a guide on footils.org
that should get you started with the ideas behind the system.  It
works fine for me (I don't have pd handy right now so I cannot offer
any specific pointers).

An alternative is apparently part of the pdmtl abstractions
http://wiki.dataflow.ws/PdMtlAbstractions

I saw a presentation on if bu have not yet tried it.  It is, arguably,
simpler to adopt than memento.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Atte André Jensen
<atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to build something generic for performing live with pd and
> for the most parts, it's going really well.
>
> But I need to save the state of "everything" (a patch with some
> instances of some abstractions), so that the widgets will preserve their
> state between sessions.
>
> I looked into memento, but couldn't make it do anything useful, not even
> the manuals/memento/* stuff. Is memento broken and if not, could someone
> provide a brief example of how to use it. If broken, what other options
> are there?
>
> Thanks in advance for any response.
>
> --
> peace, love & harmony