[PD] OS X PD-Extended - help-path question

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jul 20 23:06:04 CEST 2008

FYI: I'm cc'ing the list since I think this could be of general
interest.

Keep watch on the disappearing plist.  That would be an annoying bug
if something was causing the internal default plist to be deleted.

.hc

On Jul 20, 2008, at 4:20 PM, Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:

> Hi Hans Christoph
>
> Thanks, for some reason the default plist file was destroyed or
> disappeared.I recovered it and everything worked fine again...
>
> I am having problems with GOP-Abstractions, sometimes the "parent
> window" disappeares when updating or changing an abstraction.
>
> It only comes back when i press "Quit" Application and then it
> reappeares. Also the consisteny check fails in that case..
>
> But i will start a new thread, when i made a samplepatch subpatch
> combination to demonstrate it...
>
> Anyway thanks..
>
> Bye Luigi
>

> Am 20.07.2008 um 19:04 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
>

>> If you put the help files in the same folder as the abstractions,
>> then you don't need to set anything.  It'll find them automatically.
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Jul 19, 2008, at 6:03 AM, Luigi Rensinghoff wrote:
>>
>>> Hi List
>>>
>>> A Little question about the helppath-startup flag...
>>>
>>> I am using Pd version 0.40.3-extended-20080622 on OSX Macbook/Intel
>>>
>>> The lib/path definitions finally work fine, but i wonder where i
>>> have to put an additional -helppath folder.
>>>
>>> I made a patch where all the "mapping" - objects are collected,
>>> just to have an overview. And if i right click the objects i want
>>> the helpfile to open.
>>>
>>> But instead the abstractions open. Even though the help files are
>>> in the help-browser in the subfolder 5.reference/mapping.
>>>

>>> What should i do ??
>>>
>>> 1) Include the startup flag -helppath ... bla bla ? There i dont
>>> know if on apple the path has to be in  " "'s"
>>>
>>> 2) Add a new path ? So it doesnt make a difference if is "path"
>>> or "helppath" ??
>>>
>>> 3) Modify the puredata.org.plist file ??

>>> Thanks...

>>> Luigi Rensinghoff
>>> luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
>>> skype:gigischinke
>>> ichat:gigicarlo

>> -------
>>
>> As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should
>> be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of
>> ours; and this we should do freely and generously.         -
>> Benjamin Franklin

> Luigi Rensinghoff
> luigi.rensinghoff at freenet.de
> skype:gigischinke
> ichat:gigicarlo

----

Using ReBirth is like trying to play an 808 with a long stick.    -
David Zicarelli