[PD] saving state of a patch

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Tue Jul 22 05:00:24 CEST 2008

Sorry to chime in a bit late:

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:11:23PM +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> >As a workaround you can move the content of extra/sssad into the
> >"extra" directory or another directory of your Pd-path.
>
> Ok, that seems to work. I can even make sssad-example.pd load/restore
> form file. That's great, now I have something working and play with that
> and see where it takes me.

Contrary to Frank, I like to keep sssad in a directory so I can have a
bunch of helper abstractions such as [sssad/auto] and [sssad/datastore].
The latter allows you to store all presets in-patch so you don't have to
load and save from files, which is how i roll.

Here's a helper post on how I use sssad like this:
<http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2006-12/045289.html>

Also, someone commented that there is no way to store 'banks' of
different presets with sssad. That is actually not true, and if you look
through the archives you can see an example patch where Frank has done
this. Infact, maybe it wasn't Frank, I think this could be the post:
<http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2007-04/049452.html?

Thanks again to Frank for making the sssad so happy!

Chris.