[PD] bcr2000 and midi-feedback

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 15:31:54 CEST 2008

Hi

I have assigned a knob on my bcr2000 to a vertical slider in pd. Under
the sliders properties, I have set send-symbol and receive-symbol to
"send" and "rec". I then have

[ctlin 1]

[/ 127]

[s rec]

[r send]

[* 127]

[ctlout 1]

This basically works, the upper one is receiving from the bcr and moving
the fader in pd, the lower one is updating the display on the bcr when
the knob is moved in pd.

The problem is that pd sends it's send-symbol, even if the fader is
moved as a result of the receive-symbol. This means that the bcr get's
the value right back, with a small delay, which causes the whole to be
very reluctent to accept movements from the bcr.

I could make some logic that doesn't send the value back if it was
received from midi, but thought I'd ask if there was a simpler solution?
For instance is it possible to have pd's knobs *not* send it's
send-symbol if the fader was moved as a result of a receive-symbol?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen