[PD] Save RAM memory usage ?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 24 14:18:31 CEST 2008

Solen Music wrote:
> okay. i found iem16 at ftp://ftp.iem.at/pub/pd/Externals/ (duh! the
> giveaway was the iem bit). it seems to run okay on my windows machine.

well, like all of our open-source externals, iem16 can also be found in
the pure-data repository:
https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/iem16/

afaik, it's also part of Pd-extended

> but is the only way to load something into the table16 object by
> copying from a regular pd array?

afair, yes.
i did not want to write a separate version of [soundfiler] that would be
able to read into a [table16], and there was no way to use the original
[soundfiler] to do this.

the other solution is of course to use and upsampled [readsf~], as has
been discuessed several times on this list (the discussion was about
threaded soundfile-loading; nothing to do with iem16, but the same
principles apply)

fgmasdr
IOhannes