[PD] new luagl

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 17:36:33 CEST 2008

Thomas Grill wrote:

>> Maybe I should try this version, too. where did you get it? or could
>> it be that there is a version problem with my pdlua version (latest)?
>> I am still not able to load any of the gl scripts :(
>

> I can't say anything about different versions - the lib loading
> functionality (require) should only depend on the lua version, i would
> think that any 5.1.x i should be ok.
> I got my luagl from http://sourceforge.net/projects/luagl, but i had to
> make some changes so that it compiles with the Apple OpenGL framework
> and then build it manually (no make file). I'll send you the OSX binary
> off-list.
> gr~~~

thanks, this worked for me!! although I had to change my lua code;
what was glColor3d(r,g,b) before is now gl.Color(r,g,b).
just out of curiosity, do I ever need the library luaglut?
anyway, I would like to be able to compile luagl myself, esp, since I
would like to use a slightly branched version, which comes with wesley
smith's luaAV package
http://lua-av.mat.ucsb.edu/publications.html, in particular the rebuild
branch.
but that's for the future, right now, I am fine!
thanks a lot,
marius.