[PD] How do I do this (clean looping)?!

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 04:12:51 CEST 2008

Difficult! You can try using zeroxpos~ to find out where the zero-crossings are relative to the pd dsp block start, but you need to know where it is in relation to the start of the array. Perhaps I need to write another external to give a sample accurate "where in the block is the initial bang" reading. Perhaps someone has done it already?

Then you could use bang~ to count the blocks, zeroxpos~ to measure the offset within a block, and another external to find the inital offset from the start of the block when the recording began.

But, although zero-crossings will take away non-zero-crossing based clicks, the instantaneous burst of energy caused by a discontinuity in the energy of the sound will still give you an audible "jump" in the sound. Some windowing is your best option, probably...

By the way, adjust your computer clock! Apparently the PD list received your email on the 4th of September 2008! Already...unless you have developed a ~~ object...Jules Verne? Truly Quantum!

Best,
Ed

 Lone Shark "Aviation" out now on http://www.pyramidtransmissions.com
http://www.myspace.com/sharktracks