[PD] Idiomatic Pd

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 18:42:11 CEST 2008

> Abstractions, whenever possible I think, should try not to conflict
> with names in extended, even when the patch is designed for vanilla.
> Also, I think it's helpful to include tilde in abstraction names when
> audio signals are involved.

Also, I forgot to mention that I think abstractions (and maybe to a
lesser extent subpatches) should follow the right-to-left conventions
of Pd objects for input/output, even if it complicates layout on the
parent.  So for instance [gate] from cyclone is bad Pd style, IMO, and
an abstraction designed to mimic it ([gator], say) should be set up
more like a multi-outlet [spigot].  Even [timer] still bothers me, but
I guess it's a special case.

Matt